08 February, 2011

Fair Isle back completed

The back of my Fair Isle pullover is finished!  Yay!  The allover nature of the pattern, with 5 different contrast colours makes it so interesting to look at.  I know I keep saying it, but I get a better idea of it looking at the photos than when I'm working on it.  I suppose it's that big picture that I'm getting - standing back to observe.


In between finishing the back and really getting into the front, I've been knitting a little project as part of a KAL (Knit a Long).  I explain that, because you might be like me, and take a couple of years to work out what KAL stands for.  There's a great monthly KAL happening in the Budding Designers Downunder group on Ravelry.  The KAL supports a different budding Australian or New Zealand designer each month.  This month it's Christine Jeffery.  I've chosen her Tell Me a Tail bookmark.  I'm not sure that the  Regia 4 colour sock yarn that I've chosen is exactly letting this pattern stitch shine at it's best, it's still a fun and pretty project.  It didn't take long to find a member of the family putting their hand up for this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment