15 July, 2009

Free Knitting Pattern – Lacy Boucle Clutch

The knitting pattern has been available on Ravelry for a few days and now it's here too!

This clutch uses a biasing lace square pattern. It's not exactly obvious from the photo, but not important. It’s more like, a bit of lace here, a bit of lace there. The biasing lace squares create wavy edges, hence the finishing angle of the flap. Rather jaunty, don’t you think?

There is a heavy satin used for the lining, to give some body, and shine. (Sounds like a hair care ad!)

Lacy Boucle Clutch
Knitting Pattern
Yarn suggested : Touch Yarns Boucle Solid
Gauge : 12.5 stitches = 4 inches in Bias Lace Squares
Needle size : 6.0 mm / US 10
Meterage : 40 mtrs / 44 yards

This pattern is available as a free Ravelry download
A soft, luxurious, mohair clutch for your evening must haves. The flap finishes with a jaunty angle.
Stitch chart included.

I’m mildly interested in cryptic crosswords, so each week I’ll include a clue from our most recent “The Age” cryptic crossword.
If I can work it out, I’ll give what I think the answer is.
If not, I can laugh at the weirdness of the clue.
We never get the paper with the answers, so I’ll never know if I’m right. This may seem like a pointless exercise.
This week’s clue, from “The Age” Monday, July 13, 2009
Checked retro model fits some (7)I’ve got no idea about this one, although the last letter must be D

No comments:

Post a Comment