10 July, 2009

Lace Border Bag continues slowly

Life has gotten in the way of knitting this week.
The remains of my cold, children’s school camp preparations, an impending birthday, and being a parent as psychologist have all conspired to prevent me from doing as much as I would have liked.

However I have done most of the second side of the Lace Border Bag and it is pictured here to show that I’ve done something.
The photo worked better this time. It was pretty overcast at the time, so maybe that’s the difference. Who could have guessed that I’d be wishing for grey skies?


This time I’m using a coarse sewing thread for my life lines. It’s some thread I used to repair the edging stitching on a mattress, so it’s fairly tough stuff. It has lasted well on the mattress, so my choice was good way back then. As it’s much finer, I’m hoping it’ll leave no mark when I remove it.

I’m mildly interested in cryptic crosswords, so each week I’ll include a clue from our most recent “The Age” cryptic crossword.
If I can work it out, I’ll give what I think the answer is.
If not, I can laugh at the weirdness of the clue.
We never get the paper with the answers, so I’ll never know if I’m right. This may seem like a pointless exercise.
This week’s clue, from “The Age” Thursday, July 9, 2009
Let us say it’s a vegetable (7)
This one jumped right out at me. It’s lettuce!

2 comments:

  1. Your lace top bag is coming along very nice. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouldn't be long now. Just have to think about what kind of strap.

    ReplyDelete