12 June, 2009

First Post

Here goes with my first entry.
I’m going to try to post once a week. I’m sure I’m not the first to say that, and I won’t be the last.
This blog can be my online coach. It’ll be here nudging me to do more. There’s a word floating… accountability … that’s it!

I was waiting to get my last design finished before I started here.
I want to start fresh with a new project, rather than being halfway through one.

Maybe here I can indulge in free association, one thought to the next.
How pretentious!

Well, onto the project of the moment!

Today I made the 45 minute drive to Wondoflex Yarn Craft Centre to buy a skein of Touch Mohair/Merino Boucle.


It's a dark olive green which you may not be able to tell from the photo.
I have thoughts of using it for a clutch purse.

Apart from when I was doing my own spinning, I haven’t had to wind a skein into a ball. Well now I do, and I suppose tonight’s the night.

Hopefully next week I’ll at least have a tension square to show.

I’m mildly interested in cryptic crosswords, so each week I’ll include a clue from our most recent copy of “The Age” cryptic crossword.
If I can work it out, I’ll give what I think the answer is.
If not, I can laugh at the weirdness of the clue.
We never get the paper with the answers, so I’ll never know if I’m right. This may seem like a pointless exercise.
This week’s clue, from “The Age” Thursday, June 11, 2009
Give the right to name following leaderless men (7)
I have no idea!
Leaderless men could be en
Can’t think of anything else.

2 comments:

  1. Wecome to blogworld, I have no idea how I came upon you but nice to be the first to comment. I have an idea for your crossword clue but will wait to see if you come up with the same answer - that'll be next week will it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! A comment! Thanks. Someone noticed me.

    ReplyDelete